For the Program Book, click here .
For the Book of Abstracts, click here .
For the oral presentation overview,
click here .
In addition to the discussions of the most recent experimental data and theoretical principles in all areas related to nuclear and radiochemistry, the Symposium will also focus on the future frontiers of research in the field. The scientific program will consist of a series of invited plenary and keynote lectures followed by presentations of invited and contributed papers in oral and poster sessions. The scientific program of the symposium has been developed with the APSORC-IC. APSORC will cover the following topics related to Nuclear and Radiochemistry:
- Education and future staffing needs in Nuclear and Radiochemistry at a national and global level. (Organizers: Chai Zhifang, China; J. Gutteridge, USA; F. Kinard, USA)
- Nuclear forensics. (Organizers: K. Carney, USA; S. Clark, USA; S. LaMont, USA; Y. Miyamoto, Japan)
- Radiation detection: Radiation dosimetry and metrology. (Organizers: H. Yasuda, Japan)
- Nuclear energy chemistry, the Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP), and Global Warming: Fuel reprocessing and new separation process; nuclear waste management and disposal; nuclide migration and performance assessment of geologic (high-level) nuclear repositories. (Organizers: H. Funasaka, Japan; S. Kalmykov, Russia; Chunli Liu, China; T. Todd, USA; N. Wall, USA)
- Nuclear reactions, nuclear decay/structure/cross sections, nuclear fission, heavy and super heavy elements science. (Organizers: W. Loveland, USA; Y. Nagame, Japan; Guo-Qing Xiao, China)
- Radioactive isotope beams. (Organizers: W. Loveland, USA; Y. Nagame, Japan; Guo-Qing Xiao, China)
- Actinide science. (Organizers: Jun Li, China; T. Kimura, Japan; Z. Wang, USA; R. Wilson, USA; Z. Yoshida, Japan)
- Environmental radiochemistry and radioecology. (Organizers: K. Inn, USA; N. Momoshima, Japan; B. Salbu, Norway)
- Nuclear analytical techniques: Neutrons; Ions; X-ray; Synchrotron radiation, etc. (Organizers: Hee-Dong Choi, Korea; R. Lindstrom, USA; T. Nakanishi, Japan)
- Radiopharmaceutical chemistry, including Tc chemistry, nuclear imaging, and radioisotope production. (Organizers: H. Van Brocklin, USA)
- Applications of nuclear & radiochemical techniques in Life Science; Nano Science; Environmental Science; Geo- and Cosmo sciences, Archaeology; etc. (Organizers: G. Geipel, Germany; C. Walther, Germany)
- Nuclear probes for new materials: Mössbauer; perturbed angular correlations; positron annihilation, etc. (Organizers: K. Nomura, Japan)